As one of the few remaining companies in the world handcrafting copper lanterns with open-flame burners, we take our job seriously. Each lantern is a work of art - individually sculpted to bring out the elegance of period lanterns and to enhance our favorite contemporary characteristics. We build our lanterns with 100% solid copper with no lead to melt, allowing us to provide our signature, custom quality...guaranteed for a lifetime.
We offer both natural gas and propane lanterns with options of two or three candelabra base clusters. Our lanterns are UL Certified, ensuring your safety both indoors and outdoors.
Our success is in meeting your vision. Every lantern we produce is custom-made and handcrafted with precision to meet our customers' needs.
Here's a quick overview of our process:
Customer meets with Copper Sculptures Design Consultant to discuss product and style.
- Once the design is approved by the customer, details are sent to the Drafting Department for pattern and schematic development.
- Sheet metal fabricators lay out approved patterns onto various thicknesses of copper, creating and prepping the various lantern components for braising.
- Highly skilled coppersmiths braise components together using our unique, high-temp phosphate copper welding rods to ensure a solid copper lantern.
- Lantern is then placed into an acid bath to rinse braising dust and to create uniform color or decorative, aged finish.
- Meanwhile, welders build a decorative steel bracket for the lantern. The bracket is then powder-coated a designated color, based on customer's vision.
- Blacksmith and coppersmith crafts are combined in our Glass and Testing Department. Here, the lantern is attached to the bracket, receives internal components and is tested to the highest safety standard to meet building codes.
- The finished product is analyzed with detail by Quality Control before shipping.